DJ & TL Wade respect your privacy and are committed to protecting your personal data.
- Who we are
- Why we need your personal data
- The data we collect about you
- If you fail to provide personal data
- How we collect your data
- How we use your data
- How we share your data
- How we keep your data safe
- Links to other websites and third parties
- Change of purpose
- Data retention
- Your legal rights
- Sale of business
- Changes to this privacy notice
- Contact us
Who we are
Why we need your personal data
We will only collect and use your personal data for the following purposes:
- To reply to any enquiry or request for information you may make of us
- To process any rental booking you may make with us
- To process any complaint or claim
- To meet our legal responsibilities
The data we collect about you
Personal data, or personal information, means any information about an individual from which that person can be identified. It does not include data where the identity has been removed (anonymous data).
If you choose to make a booking with us or make queries about a potential booking we will collect details that you provide in relation to that booking or query. Information held is likely to include your name, contact details, payment details, date of birth, information about people travelling with you, information about your booking and any additional information we may need to help meet your specific requirements.
This website is not intended for children and the only circumstances in which we collect data relating to children is where you make a rental booking and have children in your party.
We may collect, use, store and transfer different kinds of personal data about you which we have classified as follows:
- Identity: Data relating specifically to your identity (eg. name, title, date of birth and gender).
- Contact: Data relating to how you may be contacted (eg. Billing address, email address and telephone numbers.
- Financial: Data relating to your means and methods of payment (eg. bank account and payment card details).
- Transaction: Data relating to the transactions you have carried out with us (eg. details of payments and products and services you have purchased from us).
- Technical: Data that we may obtain when you make use of our website, such as your internet protocol (IP) address, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform and other technology on the devices you use to access this website.
- Usage: This includes information about how you use our website, products and services.
If you fail to provide personal data
Where we require details from you in order to provide you with your chosen rental services, if you do not provide us with the necessary details then we will not be able to provide the services you have booked or are attempting to book. Depending upon when you fail to provide the necessary data, we may either not be able to process your booking or we may have to cancel your booking, in which case we will treat this as a ‘cancellation by you’ in accordance with our Booking Terms and Conditions.
How we collect your data
We use different methods to collect data from and about you including through:
- Direct interactions: You may give us your Identity information, Contact information and Financial Data by filling in forms or by corresponding with us by post, phone, email or otherwise. This includes personal data you provide when you:
- make an enquiry about a rental period or other request for information
- make a rental booking
- give us feedback
- raise a complaint or claim
- Automated interactions: As you interact with our website, we may automatically collect Technical data about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns. We collect this personal data by using server logs and other similar technologies.
- Third parties: We may receive personal data about you from various third parties as set out below:
- Technical Data from our Internet Service Provider or other analytics provider
- Contact, Financial and Transaction Data from providers of payment and delivery services (eg. Paypal and our banks)
How we use your data
The table below sets out a description of all the ways we plan to use your personal data, and which of the legal bases we rely on to do so. We have also identified what our legitimate interests are where appropriate.
|Purpose/activity||Type of data||Lawful basis for processing|
|To respond to your enquiry||Identity
|Performance of a contract with you|
|To process and deliver your booking including:
Manage payments, fees and charges
Collect and recover money owed to us
|Performance of a contract with you
Necessary for our legitimate interests (to recover debts due to us)
|To manage our relationship with you which may include:
Asking you to leave a review or take a survey
|Performance of a contract with you
Necessary to comply with a legal obligation
Necessary for our legitimate interests (to keep our records updated and to study how customers use our products/services)
|To administer and protect our business and this website (including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, system maintenance, support, reporting and hosting of data)||Identity
|Necessary for our legitimate interests (for running our business, provision of administration & IT services, network security, to prevent fraud & in the context of a business reorganisation or restructuring exercise)
Necessary to comply with a legal obligation
|To investigate and respond to any formal complaint / claim (including personal injury) notified to us or our appointed agents during your stay, or on your return from stay|| Identity
|Necessary for our legitimate interests in investigation of any alleged deficiency of your contract with relevant service agents, or with regulatory bodies or regulated legal bodies and notification with or to, our appointed Insurance brokers, Underwriters, or Loss Adjusters.|
How we share your data
We may disclose and share your personal data with the parties set out below:
- to business partners, suppliers, sub-contractors and other third parties that we use in connection with the running of our business for the purposes set out in the section above, such as:
- third-party payment processing services (eg Paypal) to process your payment to us. We do not collect or store information on your credit/debit cards
- third-party banking providers that we may engage to process deposit refunds or other payments to you
- third-party property management agents contracted by us to ensure the villa is prepared for your arrival and provide you a local contact during your stay
- third-party service providers that we engage to send emails and postal mail on our behalf
- analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our website
- if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation; or to our professional advisers including lawyers, bankers, auditors and insurers.
How we keep your data safe
We have security measures and safeguards in place to protect your data from being accidentally disclosed, lost, used, accessed or altered in an unauthorised way.
However, since the internet is not a 100% secure environment, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of information you transmit to us. Emails sent to us are not encrypted, and we therefore advise you not to include any confidential information in your emails to us.
Should we ever suffer a breach, damage to, or loss of data, we will notify you and any relevant authorities when we are legally required to do so.
We do not carry out direct marketing activities.
We do not sell or rent your personal information to any third parties.
Our Internet Service provider may collect information about your device, including where available your Internet Protocol address, to provide us with aggregate information about numbers of unique visits to our site and the geographic origin of our visitors. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns and does not identify any individual.
Links to other websites and third parties
Our website may include links to and from third-party web-sites, plug-ins and apps. If you follow a link to any of these websites or enable
those connections third-parties may be able to collect or share data about you. We do not control or accept any responsibility or liability for these
Change of purpose
We will only use your personal data for the purposes for which we collected it. If we need to use your personal data for an unrelated purpose, we will notify you and explain the legal basis which allows us to do so.
Please note that we may process your personal data without your knowledge or consent, in compliance with the above rules, where this is required or permitted by law.
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including satisfying any
legal, accounting, insurance, dispute resolution or other related requirements in order to conduct our business, such as the detection and prevention of fraud or other illegal activities.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
In addition to the above, by law we must keep basic information about our customers (including Contact, Identity, Financial and Transaction Data) for six years after they cease being customers for tax purposes.
In some circumstances we may anonymise your personal data (so that it can no longer be associated with you) for research or statistical purposes in which case we may use this information indefinitely without further notice to you.
Your Legal Rights
You have the legal right to:
- be informed about how your personal information is being used
- access the personal information we hold about you
- request the correction of inaccurate personal information we hold about you
- request that we delete your data, or stop processing or collecting it
- stop direct marketing messages and withdraw consent for other consent-based processing at any time
- request that we transfer or port elements of your data either to you or another service provider
- complain to the data protection regulator, the Information Commissioner’s Office
If you want to exercise your legal rights, have a complaint, or just have questions, please contact us.
Sale of Business
We reserve the right to transfer information (including your Personal Data) to a third party in the event of a sale, merger, liquidation, receivership or transfer of our business provided that the third party agrees to adhere to the terms of our Privacy Statement and provided that the third party only uses your Personal Data for the purposes that you provided it to us. You will be notified in the event of any such transfer and you will be afforded
an opportunity to opt-out.
Changes to this Privacy Statement
If you have any questions or feedback about this policy, would like us to stop using your information, or want to exercise any of your rights as set out above, please contact us at:
email@example.com, or write to us at:
DJ & TL Wade
1 The Mallards
Hants PO9 1SS
Version: v 1.01, Issued: 18th February 2019